Level Two Coaching Course
December 05, 2017
A Level Two Coaching Course will be held at the National Basketball Arena in Tallaght in early 2018.
The course will run on February 10th and 11 and April 7th and 8th. It will cost €300.
Speaking about the news, Head of Development and Coaching Officer, Jason Killeen: “There has been significant interest from coaches with regards to completing the Level 2 Coaching Course. This is an advanced coaching course and a great opportunity for eligible coaches looking to progress their qualifications.”
If you are interested in attending this course please book your place by calling the national basketball arena on 01 459 0211.
This course will be filled on a first come first served basis.
Candidates may pay a €100 deposit with the remaining balance to be paid by January 19th, 2018.
Participants must attend all four days.
Entrance to the coaching course is based upon application to Basketball Ireland.
The following criteria must be met.
No exceptions will be made.
Candidates must be registered Basketball Ireland coaches.
Candidates will also be expected to abide by the Code of Conduct in Basketball and the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport in Ireland.
Candidate must be:
A registered member of Basketball Ireland
A minimum of 18 years of age
Hold a level 1 Coaching Award for a period of at least 2 years.
Be actively coaching in a school, club or college
Level 2 Course Completion Requirements/Assessment
- Attendance at all modules
- Pre Course Workbook must be read prior to attending course
- 90 Minute Taped Practice with Practice Plan to be submitted to Basketball Ireland within a specified date upon completion of course weekends.
- Periodisation Worksheet completed from Pre Course Workbook and brought to the first day of the course
- Fitness for Basketball Worksheet completed from Pre Course Workbook and brought to the first day of the course.
- Planning and Conducting a Practice Worksheet completed from Pre Course Workbook and brought to the first day of the course.
- Written Assessment to be to be submitted to Basketball Ireland within a specified date upon completion of course weekends