Basketball Ireland Esports Championship 2020
May 01, 2020
*UPDATE* Due to the phenomenal interest in the tournament, the application deadline is extended to Monday May 4th at 5pm. The draw will be released on Wednesday the 6th by 1pm and the first games will happen on the 6th.
Basketball Ireland is delighted to announce the first Basketball Ireland Esports Championship. The tournament will allow basketball fans all over the country to stay competitive even while normal action is temporarily paused.
The action will be played on the PS4 and will use NBA 2k20. Irish players will be able to take control of the NBA’s top stars and battle it out to win prizes from Basketball Ireland.
Full details of the competition rules can be found below and any player wishing to enter can fill out the entry form here: https://camp2015.wufoo.com/forms/wfy5nnn07eebm0/
Basketball Ireland Esports Championship Guide
- All entries must come via the Wufoo Form
- Any questions can be asked by emailing email@example.com
- Entrants must be over 13 years of age.
- NBA 2k20 is the only version of the game that can be played
- The tournament is only available on the PS4
- You do not have to be an active Basketball Ireland member to participate
- Data Collection: By participating, you allow Basketball Ireland to collect your registration data and use it for the purpose of future events and marketing
- Closing date for applications is Thursday 30th of April at 5pm
- The Tournament begins on the 1st of May 2020
- Each game is played daily at 7pm. Players have 15 minutes to be online and ready to play before a walkover is given.
- The winning team must take a screen shot of the final score including both players gamer tags and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after the game.
- The winning player must also share the game with Basketball Ireland using PS4 share
- Players are permitted to change teams for each round of the tournament but must follow the game rules for team selection.
- Players are expected to show good conduct at all times. Any threatening behaviour, foul language, or any unsportsmanlike conduct may result in disqualification from the tournament.
- Any disputes will be determined by the Competition Commissioner and the Commissioners decision is final.
- This is a single game knockout competition.
- Players must be based on the island of Ireland
- Time limit: 3 minutes per quarter
- Control: All Players
- Exhaustion: On
- Injuries: On
- Difficulty: All Star
- All Star teams, All time teams and history teams are not allowed. Only current teams are allowed. Players may not pick the same team as their opponent.
- The home team in the draw gets to pick their team first.